- Reset analytics. Somehow analytics and search console stopped working. Probably from multiple upgrades without checking their status. Appears to be working now.
- Found a bunch of crawl errors from search console.
- Tuned the Patrion account
- Setup MailChimp email subscription service.
- Started scheming about intro video for YouTube
I spent a few hours working on the site this am, but now I have to head off to shoe some horses.
This evening has been productive. Besides the bullet points above, I spent some time doing full backups and getting ready to move stuff around to make more sense. I have a good idea how I want the general layout of this domain to tell the story of open source in a very broad spectrum way that can be drilled down easily to the topic of choice.
- Fix crawl errors
- Consider which, if any further social media channels to start.
- Consider which, if any further crowd funding or other monetization methods to use. I like Jack Spirko’s subscriber discount scheme.
Longer term todos
- Intro video.
- Rearrange site structure.
- Membership discount scheme.
- Consider a bitcoin payback for early Patreon contributors? I wonder if this would be a good way to get those first few signed up to Patreon. I just want to make sure don’t jump the gun and waste an opportunity.
I completely understand if you are not interested in supporting this financially, but consider subscribing and sharing and just generally being social.